Note for: Ella Cook, CAL 1885 - Index
RELATIONS: Sister to Sue Cook who married John Calhoun Price, brother to Ella's husband.
1910 Says that Ella(extractor has Elber) is 24 years old, born in Tennessee, has been married 5 years and has one child. She is living in District 1, Macon County, Tennessee. She and her family live with her brother-in-law, John Price, and his wife, also her sister, Susie.
1920 Says that Ella(extractor has Callie) is 34 years old and living in Lafayette, Macon County, Tennessee in her brother-in-law John C. Price's house.
1930 Says that Ella is 39 years old, born in Tennessee and was married when she was 18. Lives next door to her sister Sue. This census does not have her correct age, because she should be 44 years old according to the previous 2 census'.
Note for: America Ann Tucker, 5 Jan 1834 - 1919 Index
HARWOOD FAMILY TREE: Their data has a birth date of 5 Jan 1834 and the same death year as noted by Wes Cook.
E-mail from Judith Rittenhouse to Bonnie Tucker Batey on 28 Sep 2006.
Do you know if America Ann Tucker's 2nd husband's last name was Gillenwater or Gillenwaters?
Even the Harwood Family Tree on Ancestry doesn't have a death date for:
Born 1 Jun 1831 ,, Tennessee
Married 1855 to America Ann Tucker
The real question to me is, "Did they divorce?" There's a G. Frank Harwood in some censuses later on and he has a different wife. America Ann also has a different husband.
America Ann Tucker married 1870 to Hance Gillenwater.
Here's a TIMELINE I have worked up on America Ann Tucker:
1. Born about 1834,,Tennessee
2. 1850 Census for Dist. 10, Macon Co., TN, America Ann is with her parents.
1850 CENSUS: There is a Henderson A. C. Gillenwater, age 15, born in Tennessee, with parents Elijah and Mary Gillenwater. Judith Rittenhouse thinks this is Hance, which might have been a nickname. They live in Dist. 10, Macon Co., Tennessee.
3. 1855 Md. Frank Harwood.
4. 1860 Census for Macon Co., Tennessee, I finally found W. W. Tucker after going to the Mesa Family History Library and using an index; previously had tried and tried on Ancestry. I should have looked up Hance Gillenwater also; haven't found them yet. Do you have any idea if they ever lived someplace else?
5. 1856 had child Pierce Harwood in Tennessee.
6. From your information they also had a Sis Harwood sometime.
7. 1870 Census for Dist. 5, Macon Co., TN, America Ann is age 36, married to Hance Gillenwater, born in Virginia, and has one child at home, Tucker Harwood age 13 (maybe), farm laborer.
8. 25 Aug 1876 have child Elija A. T. Gillenwater born in Tennessee. I have that Hance's father's name was Elijah Gillenwater and his mother Mary.
9. 1880 Census for Dist. 5, Macon Co., Tennessee, with Hance A. C. Gillenwaters, and son Elija A. T. Gillenwaters, age 4.
10. 1900 Census for Civil Dist 5, Macon Co., Tennessee, with Hance A. Gillenwaters and son Elizah (Elijah) Gillenwaters, age 24 years.
11. 1910 CENSUS for Civil Dist. 5, Macon, Tennessee: Hance A. C. Gillenwaters, age 75, Annie A. Gillenwaters, age 76, Elizah A. Gillenwaters, age 34.
12. 1919 America Ann Tucker Harwood Gillenwater dies.
13. 1926 on Jan 21st, Hance A. C. Gillenwater dies.
Note for: Tabitha Virginia Tucker, ABT 1836 - 1925 Index
HARWOOD FAMILY TREE: Their data adds the name Tabitha to Virginia's name.
Note for: Frances Eveline Tucker, 19 Aug 1837 - 9 Mar 1917 Index
Place: ,Macon, Tennessee, USA
Note for: S. Reagan, - Index
Bonnie Tucker Batey in her Tucker family outline lists his name as S. Ragan, with all children having surname Ragan.
Note for: Elizabeth C. Tucker, ABT 1842 - 1899 Index
HARWOOD FAMILY TREE: Their data adds the middle initial "C".